Expo Short: Mind boggling similarities between Abraham Lincoln and J F Kennedy starting from their political life to their personal life and much more
Suddenly you find that your friend and you have the same birthday and you start to think “Such a coincidence!”. But I can assure you that after reading this following article about the similarities between these two famous presidents of the United States, Abraham Lincoln and John Fitzgerald Kennedy, you will definitely doubt on the coincidence you have encountered till now.
Some of the similarities are given below :-
- Lincoln and Kennedy both names are consist of 7 letters.
- In Lincoln’s & Kennedy’s names the vowels & consonants fall in exactly the same place; in the order c, v, c, c, v, c, c.
- Lincoln’s successor Andrew Johnson and Kennedy’s successor Lyndon Johnson have exactly 13 letters in their full name ( first name 6, last name 7).
- Lincoln’s assassin John Wilkes Booth and Kennedy’s assassin Lee Harvey Oswald both had a three-word name and they had exactly 15 letters in their full name.
- Rathbone, who was with Lincoln when he was shot, was injured (by being stabbed)
- Connally, who was with Kennedy when he was shot, was injured (by being shot).
- Rathbone and Connally have 8 letters in their name.
- Lincoln was elected to The House of Representatives in 1846Kennedy was elected to The House of Representatives in 1946 .
- Lincoln was losing candidate for his party’s vice-presidential nomination in 1856
- Kennedy was losing candidate for his party’s vice-presidential nomination in 1956.
- Lincoln was elected to the presidency in 1860
- Kennedy was elected to the presidency in 1960.
- John Wilkes Booth, assassin of Lincoln, was born in 1839
- Lee Harvey Oswald, assassin of Kennedy, was born in 1939.
- Andrew Johnson,successor of Lincoln, was born in 1808
- Lyndon Johnson,successor of Kennedy, was born in 1908.
- Both presidents were concerned with the problems of black Americans and made their views strongly known in 1863 and 1963.
- Lincoln and Kennedy both were shot on Friday while both Fridays preceded a major holiday observed within the week.
- Lincoln and Kennedy both were accompanied by their wives and another couple during their assassination.
- Lincoln and Kennedy both were shot in the back of the head and for one time only from Colt revolver.
- Lincoln was shot in a theater named Ford
- Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln automobile, made by Ford.
- Lincoln’s assassin ran from the theater to a warehouse
- Kennedy’s assassin ran from a warehouse to a theater.
- Each assassin committed his crime in the building where he was employed.
- Both assassin were killed before being brought to trial.
- Lincoln’s bodyguard was away from his post at the door of the President’s box at the theater
- Kennedy’s bodyguards were away from their posts on the running-boards of the President’s car.
- Both body guards named William died within 48 hours of being aged 75 years, 5 months.
- Both presidents were primarily attended by Dr. Charles.
- Each president died in a place with the initials “P.H.” Lincoln died at the Petersen House and Kennedy died at Parkland Hospital.
- Both president had four children.
- Both the president lost a child while living in the White House.
- Lincoln’s baptist teacher’s name was William Graham
- Kennedy’s baptist teacher’s name was William ‘Billy’ Graham.
- Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy who told him not to go to the theater
- Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln who told him not to go to the Dallas.
- Lincoln had an assistant named Charles S. Taft
- Kennedy had an assistant named Charles P. Taft.
- Lincoln’s Military chief was George ‘Mac’ McClellan
- Kennedy’s Military chief was McGeorge ‘Mac’ Bundy.
- Lincoln’s last child, Tad, had his funeral held on July 16, 1871. Later he was exhumed and moved to a different grave site
- Kennedy’s son JFK Jr. was lost at sea on July 16, 1999. Later he was found, brought up, and then re-buried at sea.
Last but not the least both of them were the president of the United States.
Now it’s time for you to rethink the topic coincidence again.
Source : Around the web