Social networking sites are supposed to be a place for friends to connect and chat. Right?? But that’s not what happens in reality. With the statistics piling up, it has become increasingly clear that the cruelties inflicted by cyber bullying have become a devastating reality for many adults and teens.
“Cyber bulling” is the unwanted and uninvited harassment of an individual(or more), via the use of technology. It very much effects the teenagers due to today’s rampant availability, accessibility and use of technology. It mainly affects the teenager of the age between 13-18. Once adults become involved, it becomes cyber harassment or cyber stalking.
It is a fact of life in 21st century that kids are connected to each other 24*7. A generation ago, young people who were bullied in school could count on hours spent at home as a respite from ridicule. However, today’s kids are ever connected through texting, messaging on social media, commenting, liking, sharing on sites; sadly, there is little rest for the bully weary.
“Cyber- bulling is poised to turn into the biggest online concern already affecting up-to 35% of all children”. –Dr. Martyn Wild
• 2 in 5 parents report their child has been involved in cyber bullying.
• Over 25% adolescents and teens have been bullied repeatedly through their cell phones or the internet.
• Girls are likely to be more bullied than boys on the internet.
If someone is being bullied:
• Victim should talk to someone.
• Walking away or ignoring is the best way to deal with it.
• Report it and block the bully to remain safe.
• Resist to respond, wait for the right time to come.
Bullying is nothing new, but when it takes place in the digital world, the public humiliation can shatter many lives, which not only affects the victim but also to their parents. Nothing ever goes, once it is posted online. Internet can be used in a lot of positive activity. it can inspire many lives….why to ruin someone’s life.
Before you Post, THINK
• T: Is It TRUE?
• H: Is It Helpful?
• I: Is It Inspiring?
• N: Is It Necessary?
• K: Is It Kind?
Post, don’t roast.
Source: Pinterest(Image Source) and around the web